12 Benefits That Make ClickUp Unique
We all know that there are many project management tools out there, but it can be hard to find one that fits your needs perfectly. Many of these companies offer features that are subpar or don’t quite fit what you’re looking for, and sometimes, you end up getting stuck with a program that just doesn’t work well for your team.
It’s time for you to start looking for a project management tool that will help you scale your business. Luckily, one program, in particular, excels at being an all-inclusive platform: ClickUp! 😊
Here are 12 things that make ClickUp stand out from the SaaS crowd and why it’s the best project management tool for your business! 💼 🚀
- What Is ClickUp?
- Teams Choose ClickUp: 12 Reasons Why
- ClickUp: One of a Kind Platform 💎—For Everyone
What Is ClickUp?
ClickUp is an all-in-one productivity tool built for teams of all types across any industry.
Not only can you bring all your work in one place with this app, but it also boasts a scalable architecture, attractive UI, and hundreds of fully customizable features—making it one of the most advanced project management tools in the market today. 🤯
You can plan, track, and collaborate on any project, build the perfect workflow for you and your team, create marketing campaigns, manage development sprints, and more all in one platform!
Needless to say, ClickUp has all the features you’ll need to simplify your workflow, save time, boost work efficiency, and optimize your business’ growth potential.
Teams Choose ClickUp: 12 Reasons Why
1. Multiple Views
ClickUp has not one, not two, but 15+ different views for you to choose from!
Yes, you read it right… 15+ views. 👀 🙌 🤓
We know managing projects, timelines, and people are already challenging as it is, so the way you view your work shouldn’t add more unnecessary stress to your work life. Not to mention, everyone has different work and learning styles; there should be options to accommodate them all!
With ClickUp, you’ll get to view your work, your way. Here are your options:
- List view: it’s the most flexible view in terms of grouping, sorting, and filtering. Get a high-level overview of all tasks across your ClickUp Workspace
- Board view: create the perfect Agile workflow, group your Boards your way, and see all your Boards in one view
- Box view: gives you insight into what people are working on, what they’ve done, and who needs more or fewer tasks
- Calendar view: organize projects, plan timelines, and visualize your team’s work on a flexible calendar that keeps everyone on the same page
- Gantt view: a powerful, analytical tool that offers you a birds-eye view of your entire project. Schedule tasks, manage deadlines, and handle bottlenecks in this view
- Mind Map view: plan and organize projects, ideas, or existing tasks in ClickUp for the ultimate visual outline
- Timeline view: gives you a quick visual overview of parameters like task names, task assignees, task duration, and task dependencies
- Workload view: allows you to visualize your team’s capacity and manage resources
- Table view: create lightning-fast spreadsheets and powerful visual databases to manage budgets, inventories, client information, and more
- Activity view: get an aggregated view of all activity across that location. Filter for people and type to get granular with the activity you see
- Map view: coupled with the Location Custom Field, clearly see where your tasks, destinations, or any relevant location falls on a map
- Doc view: create beautiful Docs, wikis, knowledge bases, and more with Doc’s views flexible and sharable pages
- Chat view: quickly share updates, link resources, and consolidate team communication in-app and all in one place
- Embed view: add apps and websites alongside your tasks, and declutter your screen by reducing the number of opened tabs
- Form view: build beautiful forms to collect information and turn them into a task in ClickUp
Each view provides a unique perspective on your work. Visualize your tasks on a List, Board, or a Calendar view and see their interconnectedness on Gantt view. To see how work is distributed among team members, simply turn to the Box view or Workload view to give help you manage your resources more effectively.
Users appreciate this level of flexibility because it allows them to manage any type of work accordingly and choose the kind of view that makes the most sense for them. 😌 🤌
2. Customization Capabilities
We can talk about this topic all day long…I mean, seriously; there are infinite ways to customize ClickUp so it might take a while to list out all the possibilities!
So instead, we’ll cover why this feature continues to capture the hearts of ClickUp’s users. 💜
No development project is the same, so why use a one-size-fits-all approach? ClickUp provides a completely customizable online software solution which means every part of the platform can be adjusted and personalized according to your workflow, personal preferences, business model, and so on!
This level of flexibility gives any type of team across industries the freedom and structure they need to make ClickUp work the way they need it to work for them!
Check out some of the customizable features that our users love using in ClickUp:
- Custom Fields: give ClickUp tasks unlimited flexibility and let you add tons of rich information to your views
- Custom task statuses: add different stages to your tasks to keep your team aligned and informed about a task’s progress
- Custom Dashboards: choose from 50+ widget variations and build a dashboard for any business scenario to get a high-level reporting and overview of your work
Don’t let other work tools keep you feeling stuck and trapped within their app’s limitations. 🙅♂️
After all, project management tools should encourage you and your to team evolve especially when you’re scaling your business. 🌱
3. Team Collaboration & Communication
It’s no secret that team collaboration and communication are key to the success of a project. Yet, it’s something that a lot of businesses struggle with, even more so now that more employees are working from home.
With ClickUp’s advanced features for team collaboration and communication, small to large teams are able to streamline all communication in one platform, collaborate with anyone in real-time, while promoting team transparency. 🧑💻. 🤜. 🤛 👩💻
Use these features in ClickUp to improve cross-departmental and client communication:
- Single and Multiple Assignees: Assign one or multiple team members to a task to break down the amount of work and promote teamwork
- Watchers: Add watchers to tasks to get notifications when updates are made and reduce the number of update meetings
- Chat view: Keep your conversations with your colleagues alongside your work
- Email in ClickUp: Send and receive emails directly from ClickUp tasks to keep all conversations in one place
- Assigned comments and mentions: Assign a comment or action item to a specific team member, and mention (or tag) your colleagues to bring their attention to items within tasks or Chat view
- Proofing: Assign comments directly on tasks attachments such as design mockups, legal contracts, and more
- Docs: Use it for all kinds of use cases, including wikis, meeting notes, company portals, and of course, any type of document you can think of
- Collaboration detection: Edit Docs with other team members in real-time and see when others are typing in a task to keep everyone on the same page (literally!)
- Privacy and sharing: Give you complete control of who sees what, and what permissions they have
- Whiteboards: Brainstorm and map out ideas/projects, and collaborate with your team in real-time
Whether you’re office-based or working remote, ClickUp can help you stay connected and up-to-date from anywhere, eliminating organization silos, bottlenecks, frequent update meetings, and so on!
4. Real-Time Reporting
ClickUp makes it extremely convenient to create, pull, and view reports. 📈 Reporting in ClickUp can give insight into your team’s performance; view what each team member is working on, who’s behind, and who’s ahead of their workload. It also allows you to choose from over 50 widget variations to build the custom Dashboard of your dreams. You’ll get a high-level overview of your work and have the proper reporting tools you need to track the progress of specific projects.
More ClickUp features that are helpful for reporting:
- Workload and Box view
🟠 Need help building a project management dashboard in ClickUp?
5. Time Tracking Capabilities
Do you need to manage your time better at work? (Don’t we all? 😬 )
Well, ClickUp can help with that! It offers flexible time tracking features to improve time management, help you focus on your work, and feel more in control of your workdays. Track time, set estimates, add notes to your tracked time, and view reports of your time from virtually anywhere with the global timer in ClickUp! ⏳ 🌎
- Notes: add notes to your time entries to reference exactly what you spent time on
- Labels: create and apply labels to easily categorize and filter time spent on tasks
- Billable time: mark time as billable to see what time should be expensed on invoices
- Sorting: sort tasks by time spent to see potential bottlenecks or where more help is needed
- Filtering: filter time by date, statuses, priority, tags, and more
- Rollup: see a combined total of all time spent across tasks and subtasks
- Edit time: add or subtract time from your tracked time
🟠 Want to learn more about time management techniques to improve your productivity?
Don’t know where to start? No worries, ClickUp’s got your back!
Choose from a large array of templates for all sorts of use cases. The best part about the templates is that they’re fully customizable; adjust them to your preferences and business needs. You could even create your own templates within ClickUp to save time and keep your processes consistent!
Take Jakub Grajcar, STX NEXT’s Marketing Manager, for example. He helped solve a team alignment issue, a common pain point that many teams experience, by creating a Marketing Sprint template in ClickUp.
Jakub’s Marketing Sprint Template was designed to easily visualize and identify project stages as well as create a consistent and repeatable format that would accommodate project needs moving forward.
Needless to say, his template has reduced turnaround time for projects, decreased the number of follow-up meetings, and empowered his team to be more productive and efficient at work!
We get it. Sometimes all you need is an example to get you from being stuck to totally crushing it at work! Head over to our template center and discover all the types of templates available to you—yep, for free!
7. Integration Power
While ClickUp alone is powerful enough to replace many of the other work tools you use, integrating with other apps can help you streamline your workflow in one place. In fact, ClickUp can be connected to 1000+ tools—for free! 🤯
Integrate ClickUp with your current work apps such as Slack, Google Calendar, Zapier, Front, and more! Connect your most used and favorite apps to ClickUp to increase work efficiency, keep processes consistent, and save time by avoiding the need to toggle between multiple apps. ClickUp’s integration power allows you to work smarter, not harder (because we already know you work hard; there’s no need to make it harder than it has to be. 😉 )
8. Mobile App
A majority of businesses use project management software for managing their projects, but the problem is that not all of them can access it on mobile devices. It can be an absolute pain when you’re working away from the office and need access to your project management tools to get work done, check for important updates, and so on.
Enter ClickUp’s mobile app. 👋📱✨
With ClickUp’s mobile app, you’ll never have that problem again!
The intuitive interface and easy-to-use features in ClickUp’s mobile app make it extremely useful and convenient for those who are on the go. Create new tasks, update your colleagues, and manage projects whenever, wherever!
9. Competitive and Affordable Pricing
ClickUp stands out from the crowd because of its affordable pricing plans.
A lot of companies offer pricing plans, but it can be difficult to find one that fits your budget and get all the features your team needs. The best part? You can start using ClickUp for free!
With ClickUp’s Free Forever Plan, users can explore hundreds of customizable features, add an unlimited number of seats, create an unlimited number of tasks, and more—yep, you guessed it…for free!
Furthermore, paid pricing plans start at only $5 per user per month which makes ClickUp an excellent choice for growing companies and solopreneurs alike. Choose your pricing plan based on what you need now or anticipate needing down the road!
10. World-Class 24/7 Customer Support
We live in a customer-centric world where customer service is king. Even though customer service has become more important than ever, many companies still struggle to provide it. While there are plenty of project management software companies out there, none of them offer the same level of customer service as ClickUp does.
ClickUp provides the best customer service in the industry because our customer service team does more than just help with technical issues—they also provide customer education and training so all customers can get the most out of our product.
Best of all, customer support is available 24/7 (including holidays), which makes a huge difference for companies who have employees working remotely or clients that need help at odd hours of the day and night. 🌙 👩💻☀️
🟠 Have questions regarding your ClickUp account?
Check our help page and connect with our customer support team!
11. ClickUp University
Launched in December 2021, ClickUp University was created to help you fast-track your learning, master the ins and outs of the platform, and become a ClickUp expert. Foundational and advanced courses, on-demand videos, activities, quizzes, and pro tips are available to help you take advantage of ClickUp and customize it to fit your role and business.
Learn how to optimize ClickUp for your specific work needs by selecting the learning pathway that best fits your role in ClickUp:
⭐️ Member: New to ClickUp? Learn how to use ClickUp to help you become more productive
⭐️ Admin: New admins start here! Learn the fundamentals through the eyes of an admin
⭐️ Guest: Invited to ClickUp as a guest? Learn the core features of ClickUp to help you become more productive
Whether you’re new to ClickUp or have been with us for years, ClickUp University will help you gain the knowledge and hands-on experience you’ll need to create your ideal workflow and boost your productivity!
12. ClickUp Crew
When you are looking for a project management tool to help your business grow, it’s important to find one that not only has functional features but also has great people behind it who are just as passionate about the product.
With that said, our features aren’t the only thing that we’re extremely proud about. The best and most important part of ClickUp is the people that help run the show—the ClickUp Crew. 🚀
At ClickUp, our team of talented and creative individuals works tirelessly every day to create an amazing experience for all of our users. From the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Support, Quality Excellence teams, and more—it’s the people at ClickUp who make us an outstanding company beyond being just a SaaS tool. 💜
🟠 If you’re interested in joining our ClickUp crew, check out our careers page to learn more about open positions!
ClickUp: One of a Kind Platform 💎—For Everyone
Well, there you have it—12 things that make ClickUp stand out from the crowd! 🦄
ClickUp continues to prove itself as a well-rounded and reliable project management tool. In just a little over three years, it has managed to win the hearts of many businesses and has become recognized and trusted by people from all over the world. (Check out our user reviews on our page and G2!)
From customizable features to customer support, to affordable pricing plans, to the people in ClickUp, and more; they’re what makes us the best in the biz.
Try ClickUp for free to experience it for yourself and to discover all the ways it can help you save time, scale your business, and work more efficiently. ⚡️